Monday, October 26, 2009

Quilt Retreat

So we had our annual quilt retreat again and Katie came out to go to it and we had a blast. I was really worried about taking Kaylee worried she'd cry the whole time and disturb the ladies but she was a perfect angel. People were even saying they didn't even know she was there! The place we got was a little smaller this year and we had 35 women there so it was packed. Katie and I got by the fire place again and it was perfect, Katie will have to post some pic's.
These were some place mats that I made, they are so simple and fun to make you can make them with jelly rolls or charm packs!!!
This was the quilt I made for Kaylee and I finished the binding at the retreat using elmers glue and sewing the binding on instead of by hand. I have to say I loved it I'm not to big on sewing it on by hand it takes me too long!!

I really had a blast and wish I could do a quilt retreat every month, I could accomplish so much it would be awesome...



2 comments:

Bryan & Bobbie said...

I love it all!!! Your such a pro. Wish we could still sew together..

Barb said...

I love you placemats and quilt!!~